Wednesday 15 January 2014

Film Magazine Front Cover Draft 3


This is the third draft of my film magazine. I wanted to make my magazine a horror specific magazine therefore I decided to add a blood splatter which I edited on Photoshop to show the decay and foreboding involving blood. I then used a midshot of the killer holding a chain to show how deadly he was. however I think I may use a different image because the facial expressions aren't very clear. The font of the title was written in a slashed effect of writing to show the influence of slashing and killing in the horror genre.
I then created a tagline along the top of the magazine to show how there are different horror magazines but this one is full of gore and full of other exciting horror information. I also followed the basic convention of there being an issue number and release date for the magazine but I did not add a barcode or price therefore I will change that next time. I then included a button to entice the audience and make them feel a part of the magazine. I also included various sell lines to engage the readers and let them know what to expect to find in the magazine.
I then also included the film name as the headline with a caption on the bottom to show the audience what was exclusive in this issue. I then included the names of different horror films that would also be featured conforming to conventions of a horror magazine. I then used different sub images of various films to show the readers other things that will make this magazine unique.



Screen grabs of process



























No comments:

Post a Comment