Wednesday 18 December 2013

Third Poster Draft








This is the third draft of my poster. I decided to change it portrait as this conformed to many different conventions of horror posters. The main image is original but I have altered it on Photoshop to give the character a mysterious feel and make him look like a character who is scarred. It is a close-up image where we see the character engaging with the audience. The film name is located under the image. It was in an eroded and slashed horror font in red which conformed to the horror genre. I then wrote the credits underneath using the steel tongs font and also included the release date with production company logos either side. The tagline was also situated on the top of the poster however I think it needs to be clearer and have less of a contrast with the black.


SCREEN GRABS OF THE PROCESS














Firstly, I used the magic wand tool to select parts of the image. after selecting the irrelevant parts I deleted the irrelevant parts and adjusted the contrast to create a heavy contrast and made the image black and white to contrast the white background. However it also included accents of red to show blood and scarring.











I then added the name of the film in a horror font that I had found from dafont.com and changed it to a red colour to show the importance of blood. I then added the tagline and credits underneath to follow basic conventions of a movie poster.











Finally, I added release dates and production company logos to the poster to make it look effective. I then changed the colour of the tagline to make it look more effective. Overall, the poster had simplistic colours to allow the main image to capture the audiences attention.




No comments:

Post a Comment